Collection of your personal information
All services including other activities performed by High Street Church may be recorded or photographed. Images of the people attending or participating in the service or activity may be used or shown on our website, newsletter, Facebook page or in other media or for other promotional or commercial activities. By attending any service or activity you agree to High Street Church using your image and personal information in these recordings or photographs.
High Street Church will collect general information about you, such as your name, address and other contact details so that High Street Church can contact you. We may also collect other information about you if you obtain goods and services from us or participate in church activities, this may some sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act), such as health information or information about your beliefs, relevant to services or assistance you have requested.
Users can visit the High Street Church website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they log on, or register with us. High Street Church will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website unless they knowingly provide it.
Use of your personal information
- establish your involvement with the church, including providing you with newsletters
- provide products or services you have requested from High Street Church
- answer your enquiry
- register you for events or conferences
- assist us to make High Street Church more valuable to the community
- contact you in direct promotion of High Street Church’s services & activities. If we contact you in this way without your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further service communications
- third parties who have been retained to assist us to help operate High Street Church, such as catering, promotional companies, transport providers, referrals, health care providers, lawyers, accountants etc. In some circumstances we may need to disclose sensitive information about you to the third party as part of the service you requested
- assist High Street Church attendees and the wider community.
Access to your personal information
You can request access to you personal information. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete it when practical.
We use 'cookies' to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a small file placed on your device that remembers certain information about your web browsing behaviour.
It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you may change your settings to block cookies. If you choose to block cookies, you may be unable to use certain features of our website.
Security of your personal information and breaches
High Street Church will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. We secure your personal information in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Hence we cannot except responsibly for the security of information you send via the internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Changes to this policy